Suggestions, Comments and Complaints

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the doctors or any member of staff working in this Practice, please let us know.

We operate a Practice Complaints Procedure which meets nationally agreed criteria, as part of an NHS wide system for dealing with complaints.

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problems cannot be resolved in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible, because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily.

Who to contact

Complaints should be addressed, preferably in writing to:

Mr Andrew Smythe
Practice Business Manager
Bramblys Grange Medical Practice
Dickson House
Crown Heights
Alencon Link
RG21 7AP

If you would prefer, you may ask for a meeting to discuss your concerns. It will help if you are specific about your complaint. However, if you would prefer not to raise the matter with Mr Smythe, you may complain directly to the NHS England.

What we will do

We will investigate your complaint in full. We will then be in a position to offer an explanation or arrange a meeting with those involved if requested. When we investigate your complaint, our aim will be to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned as necessary
  • Make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not reoccur.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, you need their permission to do so.

In this event we will require a note of consent signed by the person concerned, unless they are unable to through incapacitation or if you are the parent / guardian of a child complainant under 16. If this is the case please contact reception and ask for a third party consent form.

Complaining to NHS England

We hope that our Practice Complaints Procedure will resolve your problem as we can offer the best chance of putting matters right.

However you may raise your complaint with NHS England if you feel you cannot raise it with us.

You can contact them by:


Or In writing to:

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Or by Telephone: 0300 311 223